CompTIA N+ Certification
CompTIA A+ is the industry standard for establishing a career in IT
CompTIA’s Network+ validates the knowledge and skills to troubleshoot, configure and manage common wired and wireless network. Network+ certifies a basic understanding of emerging technologies including unified communications, mobile, cloud and virtualization technologies.
Network+ ensures an IT professional has the knowledge and skills to:
- Design and implement functional networks.
- Configure, manage, and maintain essential network devices.
- Use devices such as switches and routers to segment network traffic and create resilient networks.
- Identify benefits and drawbacks of existing network configurations.
- Implement network security, standards, and protocols.
- Troubleshoot network problems.
- Support the creation of virtualized networks.
Module 1 – Topologies and Infrastructure
• Topologies and the OSI Model
• Hubs, Bridges and Switches
• Infrastructure and Design
Module 2 – Addressing and Routing
• Internet Protocol
• IPv4 Addressing
• DHCP and APIPA
• IPv6 Addressing
Module 3 – Troubleshooting and Management
• Transport Protocols
• Name Resolution
• Application and Services
• Management and Monitoring
• Cloud and Virtualization
Module 4 – Installation
• Network Sites
• Installing Cable
• Installing Wireless Networks
• WAN Technologies
• Remote Access
Module 5 – Security
• Vulnerabilities and Threats
• Security Appliances
• Incident Response
• Change and Configuration Management
In order to receive CompTIA N+ certification, a candidate must pass the CompTIA N+ N10-007 exam.
Popular Job Roles
- Network Field Technician/Engineer
- Network Administrator
- Help Desk Technician
- Network Support Specialist
- Network Analyst